The SHSMs that are available at St. Joseph’s are in the following sectors:
- Arts and Culture – Musical Theatre – Lead Teachers: Mrs. Clarke & Mr. Karahalios
- Health and Wellness – Healthcare – Lead Teacher: Mrs. Laframboise
- Hospitality and Tourism – Lead Teacher: Mr. Cherevaty
- Agriculture -
Key Benefits of a Specialist High Skills Major Pursuing an SHSM helps students to:
- Customize their secondary school education to suit their interests and talents.
- Develop specialized knowledge and skills.
- Earn credits that postsecondary educational institutions and the sector recognize.
- Gain sector-recognized certification and career-relevant training.
- Develop essential skills and work habits documented through the Ontario Skills Passport.
- Identify, explore and refine career goals and make informed decisions about their future.
- Remain flexible, with the option to shift between pathways, should their goals and plans change.